Based in Sydney, Australia
February 1, 2012
Press / Business Contact:
Level 4, 620 Harris St
+61 423 224 945
DescriptionSeeThrough Studios is a small game development studio based in Sydney, Australia. As a studio, we care about the stories in games, whether those stories are the ones that we tell you, or the ones that you tell your friends about your play experiences. We want game stories to be rich, intense, exciting and densely packed.
SeeThrough Studios was born when two embryonic devstudios became one. Based in Sydney, Australia, their mission is to make a living from building games with original mechanics and strong narrative. With a few core members and a fluctuating team of contractors, SeeThrough draws talent from both within the Sydney development community (via local games schools AIE and QANTM, and the local branch of the IGDA) and from outside of it, with some contributors more used to doing their creative work in film, comics or theatre. This melting pot of skills and ideas has has only just begun serving up its unique witches’ brew. SeeThrough’s first release, Flatland: Fallen Angle, won Best Writing in a Game at Freeplay 2012.
There are far more images available for SeeThrough Studios, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for SeeThrough Studios. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Nominated for Narrative at Freeplay 2013 (Particulars)" - Australia, 23rd September, 2013
- "Nominated for Audio Design at Freeplay 2013 (Particulars)" - Australia, 23rd September, 2013
- "Winner, iFest Indie Showcase (Particulars)" - Sydney, Australia, 22nd September, 2013
- "Winner, Best Writing at Freeplay 2012 (Flatland: Fallen Angle)" - Australia, 22nd September, 2012
- "I haven’t cried playing a video game before; it’s not like it’s a habit. But there’s something about the loneliness of being a down quark all alone in a subatomic space that really underlined the joy in finding an anti-down quark to combine with."
- Grant Howitt, The Guardian
- "Without a doubt, Particulars was the highlight of PAX for me. It’s an exceptional game."
- Daniel Wilks, Hyper Magazine
- "It’s a story-led, arcade puzzle game that seems to have a lot of intelligent thought about it."
- Cara Ellison, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "The game (Particulars) feels fantastic, it’s a joy to whiz around the simple environment"
- David Ferris, Kotaku
- "it’s (Flatland, Fallen Angle) atmospheric, smart and does a great job of the unusual melange of simple line-art, breathless Pac Man-esque outrunning of foes and a doomy, nuanced narrative."
- Alec Meer, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Trust me, if you haven’t checked the game out already and are even the slightest bit intrigued by what you’ve heard about it, you’ll want to jump all over it."
- Chris Priestman, Indie Statik
Team & Repeating
Producer, Lead Design
Creative Director, Writer
Intern (Programming, Design)